General Info & Tips
Homes that look their best sell faster, and usually for every dollar that they're worth. A little improvement in the appearance of your home can go a long way toward impressing prospective buyers. The following suggestions will enable you to show your home at its best.
Preparing your Home
- Repair or replace broken features such as steps, window screens, etc.
- Be sure the faucets, drains, light switches, etc. are working properly
- Clean the interior of the house.
- Arrange the furniture in an appealing fashion
- Clean out closets and make sure the home is free from unnecessary clutter
- Tidy and manicure the lawn and yard
Showing your Home
- Open the curtains and blinds during the day; keep lights on at night
- Have the heat or air conditioning at a comfortable level
- Keel children and pets from distracting buyers
- Remain in the background, or if possible, be absent when the agent shows your home. Some buyers feel uncomfortable going through a home when the owner is present.
- Give the house a ‘homey’ feel by having some fresh bread or a batch of cookies baking in the oven. The smell also will carry over into other rooms.